NERGG Virtual Lunch & Learn
An Innovative Payer Partnership for Whole-Genome Sequencing (WGS) in Pediatric Rare Disease
Illumina and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (now “Point32Health”) have partnered on a risk-sharing agreement to open coverage of whole-genome sequencing (WGS) for genetic testing in pediatric outpatients with suspected genetic diseases. The goal of this project is to evaluate the real-world impact on genetic test utilization and the cost to payers. Results will be published, with an aim to accelerate access to WGS for patients and families.
Please join our free virtual presentation (and share within your network!) to learn current WGS evidence and about the Point32Health WGS program. We expect a lively collegiate exchange with NERGG members, clinicians, hospital leadership, test providers, Point32Health, and Illumina.
What to expect from this session:
- Update your understanding of the current evidence supporting the application of WGS
- Learn of an innovative program to accelerate access and evaluate the impact of insurance coverage for WGS
- Engage with a live panel and other NERGG members to discuss implementation approaches
Date: Wednesday, November 10, 2021
Time: 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM Eastern Time
- Melissa Dempsey, MS, CGC, Staff Market Development Manager, Genetic Disease Testing and Research, Illumina
- Sara Parsons, Program Manager, Clinical Innovations, Point32Health
- Brock Schroeder, PhD, Senior Director, Global Market Access Strategy & HEOR, Illumina
Our inaugural event was held Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 6:30 PM ET, and was sponsored by BioMarin.
The Long-Term Management of Morquio A Syndrome, presented by Dr. Barbara Burton